The Louisiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence is accepting donations that are specifically earmarked to assist battered survivors and their children who have been directly affected/displaced by the hurricane. The donations will be used to assist battered victims from the following parishes in Louisiana: Orleans, Jefferson, St. Tammany, St. Bernard, and Plaquemines.
The donations will be used for the following purposes:
- Relocation of domestic violence victims.
- Purchasing of basic needs, i.e. baby formula, diapers, food, clothing, etc. that could not be met elsewhere.
- Deposits on houses, electric bills,
- Car repair, gas, public transportation
- Medical/prescription needs,
- Other basic, life sustaining needs
All donations go directly to victims of domestic violence affected by this hurricane and will not be used for any administrative or other purposes.
“If you would like to make a donation using MasterCard or Visa, you may contact the Louisiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence office at 225-752-1296 with your credit card information.” Go visit Bean’s place for more details and more donation options.
- HUD is getting ready to screw over domestic violence shelters – call the White House today, please!
- Domestic Violence Spikes After Hurricane
- Protect the Roosters! To hell with domestic violence victims!
- More on the bastard SC Committee that doesn't care much about domestic violence victims.
- Does Ohio's anti-SSM amendment protect girlfriend-beaters?