Check out this post by the Countess (aka Trish Wilson), debunking various men’s rights claims about the supposed epidemic of false abuse accusations in divorce court. They’ve been shouting louder lately because PBS broadcast a report about abusers who receive custody of their children. From Trish’s post:
It is telling that [men's rights activist] Glenn Sacks did post the daughter’s side of the story, but he buried her statement within his web site. It is not on the main page that gives prominence to the statements of her allegedly abusive father and those who support him.
Most tellingly, the daughter’s statement is on Sacks’s web site entitled “The Opposition’s Side Of The Story.” This teenaged girl who spoke about her own experience of being abused by her father and stepmother is considered “the opposition”. That’s one hell of a Freudian slip.
It really is. Read Trish’s whole post.
UPDATE 2: Trish has set up this webpage containing many relevant links.
UPDATE 3: Cathy Young attempts to sort through the claims and counter-claims.
- Republican Governor Vetoes Rape Victims Rights Bill
- More on the bastard SC Committee that doesn't care much about domestic violence victims.
- I'm shocked – shocked! – to find that misogyny is going on in the father's rights movement!
- On "Husband-Battering"; Are Men Equal Victims?
- No emergency contraception for rape victims, but plenty of Viagra for rapists