Idaho Senator Larry Craig was arrested and pled guilty to disorderly conduct after he was caught propositioning an undercover police officer for sex in an airport bathroom. Pam has the run down on his votes on key gay/lesbian policy issues:
* Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
* Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
* Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
* Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)
This would be funny is this guy didn’t wield so much power, but at least he didn’t say a black man scared him into offering a blowjob like the last Republican who was caught doing this.
Is anyone keeping count of how many Republican politicians have been caught in gay sex scandals this year?
- Bush Threatens to Veto Hate Crimes Legislation (And Don't Worry You're Still Free to Be A Bigot)
- Follow-up Post On Denialism Among Republican Elected Officials
- Republican Legislator Takes A Passionate Stand For Marriage Equality
- Kerrynomics: Republican Economics circa 1999
- 3 of 10 Republican Presidential Candidates Don't Believe In Evolution