You know, the more I think about it, the more I think the Democrats need to hit the brakes on the whole $700 billion bailout. It’s pretty clear that the GOP has no intention of behaving honorably here. They’re going to demand their trillion for their buddies, and let the Democrats take the blame.
So screw ‘em. Unless the GOP commits to getting on board with the bailout with a majority of their members, including John McCain, then walk away. Tell ‘em that they can dig themselves out of the hole. They can come up with their own bailout plan. They can take the political hit. They can be the “responsible” ones.
If this is the huge, huge crisis that King Henry says it is, the GOP will cave. They will go along and they will work with the Democrats to fix it, because it’s the responsible thing to do. And if the GOP won’t go along and won’t work to fix things, then to hell with it.
- Democrats and Israel: never criticize, never dissent
- Democrats and Obama Surrender To Bush On Telecom Amnesty
- Three quick steps to being pissed off by the Democrats
- Goodness, the Democrats might actually_do_something!
- The Democrats Taking Congress Might Save Tens Of Thousands Of Lives In The Third World