“Alas” readers (with some help from Pandagon readers) responded to anti-feminist attacks on the Family Place by donating $725. (The Family Place helps victims of intimate violence (regardless of sex) with shelter, hotel vouchers, and counseling.)
“Alas” has just made a matching donation of $725, bringing the total to $1450. Yay us!
Paige Flink, the director of The Family Place, emails:
Still contemplating whether to send an acknowledgment letter to Glenn Sacks, two people specifically said they were doing it in his honor, one thanked him for helping them find another good non profit, and another person said something not so kind about him, which I won’t repeat.
Thanks to everyone who contributed!
- The Family Place To MRAs: "Instead of bashing women's organizations, stand up and help somebody yourself."
- INCITE! New Orleans Seeking Donations
- "Alas" maintenance taking place today
- Stay in your place, you stupid normals: The politics of The Incredibles
- The Fifties Weren't Better: the effect of feminism on family values