Most libertarians would agree that it’s a messed-up state that:
* Creates a massive crime problem in poor minority neighborhoods with a futile, vicious and every more far-reaching attempt to prevent commerce in popular, highly portable intoxicants that leaves absurd numbers of young men with felony records, making them marginally employable.
* Fails to provide adequate policing for such neighborhoods.
* Fails to provide effective education in such neighborhoods after installing itself as the educator of first resort.
* Uses regulatory power to sharply curtail entry into lines of business from hair-care to ride provision, further limiting the employment options of people in such neighborhoods.
* Has in the past actively fostered the oppression of said minority, up to and including spending state money and time in keeping its members in bondage.
* To make up for all of the above, provides a nominal amount of tax-financed welfare for the afflicted.
But it’s a messed-up libertarianism that looks at that situation and says, “Man, first thing we gotta do is get rid of that welfare!”