On Facebook, the excellent cartoonist Tony Harris
(whose most famous project is probably that he was the original artist of The Walking Dead) delivers a misogynistic rant, which (translated into Gollum-speak) would be: Female cosplayers! we hates them!
I really want to post about this, but I’m also really pressed for time, so in the meanwhile I’ll recommend Donna Dickens’ post at Buzzfeed translating from Harris into English.
This is especially disappointing since one of the things I’ve liked about Harris’ work is that it seems less sexist than that of many comic book artists. Then again, I’ve been a fan of Dave Sim’s work forever, so I’m used to this sort of cognitive dissonance.
UPDATE: I mixed up Tony Harris with Tony Moore, and thus said Harris was involved on The Walking Dead. Actually, Harris has never worked on The Walking Dead. My bad.
- Is Tony Snow, Press Secretary to the Pres. a Racist?
- The High Cost of Copyright On Jazz History. And A Rant About Barnaby.
- Misogynistic Cops Gone Wild
- Afghanistan passes brutally misogynistic law, taking away women's rights
- Horribly Misogynistic Fashion Spreads Via America's Next Top Model and New York Times Magazine