Last month, I posted about the controversy over science fiction writer (and member of NOM board of directors) Orson Scott Card being commissioned to write a couple of Superman stories for DC Comics.
The cartoonist slated to draw the stories, Chris Sprouse, has withdrawn from the project, writing:
The media surrounding this story reached the point where it took away from the actual work, and that’s something I wasn’t comfortable with. My relationship with DC Comics remains as strong as ever and I look forward to my next project with them.
DC said that “we will re-solicit the story at a later date when a new artist is hired.” I don’t think anyone will be surprised if no new artist is ever found.
- Why I Oppose The Petition To Have Orson Scott Card Canned By DC Comics
- Court Awards Superman Co-Creator's Estate Half The Copyright To The First Superman Story
- Orson Scott Card is on the board of NOM
- Orson Scott Card: Fat Activist Bedfellow?
- Orson Scott Card Lives in Bizarro Dimension #1,567, Apparently.